Doctor Michael J. Rensch is proud to bring over 20 years of medical experience to the Texas Hill Country, the people of Kerrville and Kerr County. A native of Minnesota, Doctor Rensch completed an undergraduate degree in science at the University of Notre Dame, his medical degree at the University of Minnesota, and his training in medicine and gastroenterology at Fitzsimon’s and Brooke Army Medical Centers. He is double board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Doctor Rensch has proudly served his country through active duty military and reserve service for over 20 years.
Dr. Rensch is described as affable, available and able. He genuinely believes that every patient deserves respect, and that evaluations should be thorough and appropriate. He believes that your time is as valuable as his own.
Dr. Rensch moved to the Hill Country to provide gastroenterology care as he realized the increasing medical need in Kerrville, Kerr Country, and patients at Peterson Regional Medical Center.
- Double board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Expert reviewer for the Texas Medical Board
- Chief of Endoscopy at Brooke Army Medical Center from 2000-2005.
- Recipient of the coveted Eddy Palmer Endoscopy Award to the most skilled Army Endoscopist, 2004.
- Fellowship Education Director, Brooke Army Medical Center 2000-2002.
- Published numerous research articles on gastroesophageal reflux, gastrointestinal bleeding, celiac disease, and colorectal cancer.
- Performs upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, and endoscopic ultrasound
- Met and exceeded national benchmarks for quality and safety in the performance of colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and ERCP from 2005-2013.